Sunday, September 27, 2009

Minimum Wage Increase: Young Unemployment Rate at 52.2%

In 2006 the Democrats rammed a 60 increase of the minimum wage through Congress. The law increased the minimum wage in three steps from Jul 2007 through JUL 2009. The final became effective on 24 JUL 09. This increase coincided with an increase in unemployment of .3% in AUG. Now according to a New York Post article the unemployment rate for young adults is 52.2%. The direct result of increasing the minimum wage is higher unemployment by the workers most likely to be employed by the minimum wage.

Now instead of the young working and building experience the young adults are living with their parents longer and still not receiving any experience. The raise in minimum wage had no choice but to increase unemployment for the young adults. The minimum wage increase was not enacted for the benefit of the young workers who worked for minimum wage garnering employment experience. No it was enacted for the unions that are friendly to the Democrats that enacted this garbage.

One might ask why or how the unions could benefit. The answer is because when there is an increase in minimum wage there is an increase of the rate of pay in many unions. Union labor has to be paid a rate above the minimum wage. This benefit to the unions is at the expense of young adults who are just starting out with work. Instead of working for college spending money young adults are forced to stay at home. Young adults will not have any experience or work record when they start looking for full time employment to live their lives. Yet the unions receive more pay as even their unemployment increases. As industry closes manufacturing plants big union receives higher pay and our young can look forward to absolutely nothing.

Obama was carried to victory on the strength of young voters. Yet they are increasingly the people benefiting the least from Democratic policies. The minimum wage increase went to union labor. Even the stimulus package did nothing to invest in jobs for young adults. Instead the stimulus went to further union labor. Union labor helped build this country. However Unions are destroying this country. The minimum wage hikes are directly responsible for having a young adult unemployment rate higher than it has been since WWII. What a shame that unions benefit while the ones that depended on the minimum wage remain unemployed. Just another bad policy meant to redistribute wealth.

8 comments:

jbjd said...

Lizard, thank you so much for posting my blog on your list of "favorites." I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth but, please, could you change the capital letters to all small? My blog is "jbjd." As much as possible, I want to retain my brand, especially now, with people who share some of my initials using my work and, adding insult to injury, diluting the positive results of my efforts because, having failed to do the leg work, they were unable to understand the nuances of the work they stole.

Thank you.
http://jbjd.wordpress.com

The Lizard said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will correct the initials for your site link.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that meticulous brand. The prices for the shoes are around 240 dollars on every site. But completely I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that meticulous make. The prices seeking the boots are about 190 bucks on every site. But finally I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 220 pounds on every site. But completely I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that singular model. The prices for the shoes were all over 230 dollars on every page. But definitively I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you say about it?