Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Should Favre Come Back?

I know that this blog is usually committed to political commentary, but sometimes [non-political] issues come up that are just too important to ignore. I must admit, I am a huge Brett Favre fan, and more importantly, a Packer Backer from way back. The Packers certainly have their share of NFL legends…Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr, Gregg, Hornung, Kramer, Nitzske, Hutson, Sharpe, and many others that have made Green Bay and Lambeau Field, the holy shrine of the NFL.

In March, Brett Favre announced his retirement in front of the world. As a 38 year old, three time NFL MVP, one time Super Bowl winning QB, and holder of ALL the important QB stat records, the time had come to quit the game. Or so it seemed,

Now that Brett is feeling the itch to come back, I think the Packers should take him back. Make him work for the position, but definitely, take him back. Brett took the youngest team in the league to the NFL championship game and a 13-3 record…and he’s Brett Favre. So you take that guy back.

I simply cannot picture him in another uniform, and I don’t think he’ll do that to the Pack. If Brett decides to come back, I sincerely hope that the Packers will take him back and let the legend continue for at least one more season. Love him or hate him, he’s still the best.

1 comment:

Kendall Dean said...

I found you from another website, and I made a youtube video about Obama's FISA vote that no one in the media seems to be talking about. I was wondering if you would possibly share this with your friends on here. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN97Jzv01C8

Thanks,
Kendall